Free Admission For Students And Teachers To National Heritage Board Museums.
1. The Ministry of Information, Communications and the Arts (MICA) has approved the FREE Admission to NHB Museums for all Singaporean and PR Students, allowing them free access to all permanent galleries with effect from 1 June 2010. Please note that admission to blockbusters & special Exhibitions are subject to individual museums' charges.
2. Teachers will also enjoy this free admission to the museums.
3. This policy will apply to the following NHB museums/ institutions:
• Asian Civilisation Museum
• The Peranakan Museum
• National Museum of Singapore
• Sinagpore Art Museum & 8Q sam
• Singapore Philantelic Museum
• Memories at Old Ford Factory
• Reflection at Bukit Chandu
4. The free admission applies to all Singaporean & PR students & teachers.
I.e. All students enrolled on government & government-aided schools, and Singapore tertiary institutions
I.e. All students who are Singaporean or PR (need not be enrolled in government schools)
I.e. All teachers in government, government-aided schools, ans Singapore tertiary institutions
5. Free admission to NHB museums' permanent galleries will be granted based on one of hte following proof of identification produced by students/teachers:
- A MOE-issued ezylink card or staff pass which has the MOE crest on it, or
- A valid student pass/ Student Marticulation card (from any educational Institution around the world) and a Singapore or PR NRIC